Candelabra Research Noah N

 

Candelabra Double WavyThe source for this design: www.thecuriositygallery.com/product/

Candlestick-double-wavy

 

PLUS: Wavy candlesticks are not seen everywhere and are therefore rare. One candle is slightly higher which will probably help when lighting them. It will match in homes that have other curvy designs.

 

MINUS: I cannot see the base of this candelabra in this photo, but it probably doesn’t match with this wavy design. The tips that hold the dish are thin and are therefore fragile. The height of this candelabra probably does not match with its width.

INTERESTING: Using iron to make this wavy design is an original idea. Until now I had only seen straight rod candlesticks and so it caught my eye. I would like to know how this candelabra was made. I don’t think there was anything in this design that I could incorporate into my own.

Source for below photo: http://www.irondesign.co.nz/Iron-Design/-Indoor-Accessories-and-Candelabras-_IDL=1_IDT=801_ID=3768_.html

http://www.irondesign.co.nz/PicsHotel/IronDesign/Images/tallweddingcandelabra%205.jpgPLUS: The base has four legs that are also supported by four curved rods. The middle of the long rod has something like a curl.

MINUS: If the candle falls or something happens, the plant may be burnt and  the candelabra will start a fire. If no plant is placed in the middle, The candelabra may not look as good. If someone accidentally kicked the candelabra in the middle of the long rod, it would definitely fall. (Unless it is heavy)

INTERESTING: I liked the idea of combining plants with candles. The candelabra does not need to be placed on a table since it is tall. I learned that not all candelabras are placed on another object. However I did not gain inspiration.

 

 

 

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0RNBtgG_kQLEKanVgytwU_Xq0K5hjZeQ5d-atfl3tUubZQILBQwPLUS: The three legs of this candelabra matches with the five candle dishes.

MINUS: If more longer candles were placed on the dishes, it would not balance as well. (I think)

INTERESTING: The number of legs is 3, which is an odd number, and the number of dishes is 5, which is also an odd number.

Source: Pinterest or something. The site seems to be banned from this network.

 

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7KMKGEPhivY0u1i3J55JNLKKqEMEm-g6oLP-UhjZT9Gv3lSJBQQ

PLUS: The bottom of this candelabra is designed to be heavy so that it won’t become unbalanced.

MINUS: The welding has to be done properly or the candle dishes will fall with the curved rod.

INTERESTING: The simple design. Since our designs can only have one candle dish, I will not copy this candelabra. But I am interested in welding curved rods onto other pieces.

(Source is also banned on school network)

 

http://www.irondesign.co.nz/PicsHotel/IronDesign/Images/jill%20191.jpgPLUS: The bottom is round and stable. The four curls match each other. The two rods in the middle hold the middle dish up.

MINUS: The real candelabra might fall over if the candle is too heavy. The black thing in the middle is not really needed for the curls however it might be useful when moving the candelabra.

 

INTERESTING: I originally wanted to use curls, but I decided not to after I understood that what we were making was a candelabra. This design might be a little too hard for me.

Source is iron design .co.nz

http://www.justleisure.com.au/images/Candelabra_Single_Table_pillar.jpgPLUS: Four legs support a single dish.

MINUS: Attaching the dish to a thin rod would not be easy.

INTERESTING: This is the first single dish candelabra that I have found on the internet. I would like to copy it except the binder in the middle doesn’t look like it can be created in the classroom and I have already made up a different design.

Source: http://www.justleisure.com.au/images/Candelabra_Single_Table_pillar.jpg

 

I didn’t find a candelabra that could be made in a technology classroom at first, and so I have decided to use some ideas of the above candelabras but create something different.

 It is the first time I have ever done ‘real’ metalwork.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Icons Research

reverse-engineering

ADDENDUM FOR BIOLOGY NATURAL SELECTION